Thursday, August 31, 2006

1. Why did you sign up for this seminar?

Hmm... at my high school senior prom they played a polka as a joke. Only two people danced to it- me and my date. Oh yeah, I'm that big of a nerd. 'Nuff said.

2. If you could take five pieces of music with you to a desert island, what would they be?

1. Polska- Garmarna

2. The Entire Hildegarde von Bingen Project

3. Suvetar- Gjallarhorn

4. I Wish my Baby was Born- Cold Mountain Sdtrk

5. Johnny Jump Up/Drunken Sailor- Great Big Sea

I'm willing to bet that most of you have not heard of any of these bands. You should look them up- expand your horizons a little. teehee =)

3. What's a piece of music you associate with someone older than you?

Hmm... I have a couple. One's an old German love song that my Grandpa used to sing, but I don't remember the name. Other than that, probably Amazing Grace and Flow Gently Sweet Afton. And Edelweiss, Hey, any one remember that one from the Sound of Music?

4. What would you choose as a new national anthem?

I suppose this would be something that I would have to put a great deal of thought into- but really the first thing that comes to mind is One Whiskey, One Scotch, One Beer. Anyway, that one would be a lot funner to sing at ball games.

But seriously, I guess I would have to go with something a little more patriotic, somthing like America the Beautiful- but NOT This Land is Your Land. Man I hate that song.

5. What kind of music related performance do you do?

I play the flute, badly. Actually, I have a collection of odd intstruments at home... I can play some of them. The Irish tin whistle and the the crystal flute are two of my favorite.

I sing a little... a little off-key that is... Nevertheless, I think it's a lot of fun, even if my listeners would say otherwise.

Also, I am a didgeridoo enthusiast... although mine is more or less made out of plastic piping...

6. What is one question you would ask Gov. Blanco?

Why is it important to rebuild New Orleans, especially if it is only to be rebuilt in a place that is also open to future disasters? I believe that there must be good reasons, but I don't think I've really heard a definitive answer for this one.


No comments: